Living Sent means answering God’s call to love others and share the gospel where we live, work, and play (John 20:21, Matthew 28:19-20).
HOW TO LIVE SENT IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD
1. Reach out to Neighbors via text, email, or phone
- If you don’t have their information, use this resource.
- Check in and ask what’s happening in their life.
- Call or text before going to the store to see if there is anything you can pick up for them.
2. Get Outside
- Spend time outside so that you can see neighbors walking or working in their yards. Make it a point to talk to neighbors when you see them outside.
- Eat lunch, read a book, do your work or school outside.
- Prayer Walk! Pray for your neighbors and coworkers as you walk around the neighborhood. Use this resource.
3. Look for ways to bless your neighbors
- Brighten a neighbor’s day by chalking their driveway.
- Drop off flowers or a note.
- Ask how you can pray for them.
WAYS TO SUPPORT YOUR COMMUNITY
1. Keep an eye on the needs of local food banks and other organizations. Visit their webpages or Facebook pages often to learn how you can help with any needs.
2. Eat at local restaurants and patronize other local businesses.