But just as you excel in everything—in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in complete earnestness and
in your love for us—see that you also excel in this grace of giving.
2 Corinthians 8:7
While the Sunday offering is the most common opportunity to give, many of our congregants have asked for the option of making a payment automatically through their bank’s bill pay option. Automatic Bank Bill Pay is a popular, convenient, and consistent way for people who are so inclined to give to Calvary. Automatic Bank Bill Pay is set up directly with your banking institution; most banks offer this as a free service to their customers. This payment method allows you to set up an automatic draft withdrawal from your checking account without having to write or mail checks.
Benefits of Giving through Automatic Bank Bill Pay
- First Fruits – In Proverbs 3:9 we are taught to honor the Lord with the “first fruits” of our labor. By setting up an automatic, recurring contribution that is scheduled to come out of your account on the day you specify you can ensure that your First Fruits are given back to God.
- Simplicity – You won’t need to remember if you gave this week, or this month, or to send in an offering check when you’re out of town.
- Security – Banks use advanced encryption technology to insure that your information stays safe and secure.
- No Distractions – Instead of needing to worry about writing your contribution check during the service, you can be fully engaged with the worship service, knowing that you have already given your offering.
- Consistency – Automatic, recurring contributions help Calvary’s cash flow especially during the vacation months of Spring and Summer when attendance tends to decrease yet church activities, especially for children and youth, are at their peak.
How to Set Up Automatic Bank Bill Pay
To set up an automatic bank bill pay you will be required to contact your banking institution directly; logging on to the bank website is the most convenient but a phone call or visit to the bank may also be an option. They will provide step-by-step instructions.
Your bank will most likely require some or all of the following information about Calvary:
- Name: Calvary Bible Church
- Address: 3245 Kalmia Avenue, Boulder, CO 80301
- Phone Number: 303.442.3484
- Account Number: no account information is required
You can set up a one time payment in an amount of your choosing or set up recurring payments. You choose the frequency of payments and when during the month the payments are made. Most banks send email reminders. Payments can be changed or stopped at any time.
Calvary does not need to be informed in advance that an automatic bill pay has been established. At the appropriate time the bank will forward the payment to Calvary Bible Church, either electronically or via paper check.